A typical trend in property acquisition would follow a format no dis-similar to the following:
- Access home loan to secure first home
- Access investment loan to secure residential property
- Access commercial loan through the existing bank at an exorbitantly high rate.
Often when clients look to add commercial property to a residential portfolio, the perceived complexity of establishing the commercial facility sees the client walk straight back into their existing bank where the bank manager is waiting with an extremely blunt pencil and subsequently high interest rate.
Property’s containing both residential and commercial securities can often be re-structured to:
- Save the client many thousands of dollars in interest obligation.
- Free up security for future investment
- Align the client with the right banker to suit their unique needs.
As an obligation free service, the IFG commercial advisory team can work with you to details what can be done and the benefits of doing so.